Monday, November 3, 2008

My 89 minuets of (holy crap there’s a zombie behind you)! bliss



Like many of adrenaline junkies my most blissful moments are when the world is flying past me, aliens are creeping up on me, or as in this case a rapidly spreading virus is turning the people around me in to zombies of the fast moving type. For this moment of bliss I viewed the movie Quarantine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarantine_(2008_film).

Here is a simple check list that made this movie one of the best zombie movies sense Shaun of the dead.

The sometimes crazily use of pseudoscience to explain things when the site inevitably hits the fan. (Check)
The use of the fast moving zombies (rage infected) from 28 days later. (Check)
The creative use of space. Normally a zombie movie can engulf a hole movie studio and thousands of stand-ins, but Quarantine only used (infected?) a small cast in a run down apartment building in LA. (Check)
The infection of every human character in the end. (Check)
No modern day apocalypse. (Check)

Although this movie looked to many other zombie movies for inspiration I think Quarantine was a perfect balance for suspense and pure horror.

No comments: